Cybersecurity for Forecourts
Our specialist Cybersecurity for Forecourts is designed to address the unique and evolving cyber threats your industry faces, providing the highest level of protection for your valuable data while supporting your operations to run seamlessly.
The shifting cybersecurity challenges faced by forecourts
Forecourt retailers have always been a prime target for cybercriminals with frequent credit card transactions and reliance on third-party vendors for service provision. In recent years, these risks have increased as more digital applications have been adopted, creating a larger surface area for attack. Therefore, as a forecourt retailer, it is essential to make cybersecurity a top priority to protect your data, operations and customers and comply with industry regulations.
If your business sells high-value goods, such as petrol, credit card transactions are likely to be a regular occurrence. However, storing and transferring large volumes of personal details, payment information, and other sensitive data on a daily basis places your sites at a higher risk of a cyber-attack, with cybercriminals eager to steal this information for financial gain.
The use of third-party vendors to support your operations can elevate this risk. Whether it's providers of point-of-sale (POS) systems, fuel management software, logistics and supply chain management, cloud services or any other type of third-party service, your vulnerabilities increase with these additional communication and data transfer systems, which cybercriminals will be ready to exploit.
Meanwhile, as more and more digital applications are used to improve operations and optimise service, their access to your network opens up further opportunities for cyber-attacks.
If you are adopting value-added services, such as customer Wi-Fi, parcel collection, pharmacy or laundry services, the network connectivity required to deliver these provisions must be carefully managed to keep your business safe.
Finally, it is crucial to address cybersecurity awareness amongst your employees. As a multi-site organisation, your employees may need to access sensitive data from numerous, sometimes unsecured, locations.
If individuals are unaware of the cybersecurity risks, whether accessing your network onsite, from head office or from a home or mobile environment, it could potentially create a security breach.
While today’s cybersecurity requirements may seem complex, we have the tools to make the process easy for you.
With our in-depth experience in supporting multi-site organisations with their network and cybersecurity needs, we know what's needed to provide the best level of protection and have developed our Cybersecurity for Forecourts as a solution to your industry-specific challenges.
Hughes Europe Network Security Services
With fuel demand down and increasing pressure to diversify services, resources may be short for forecourt retailers, meaning budgets do not extend to in-house security operations centres (SOC). Hughes Network Systems Europe can help.
We've designed our Cybersecurity for Forecourts to offer an affordable, time-efficient solution, leveraging our managed cybersecurity services to meet your multi-site cyber challenges today and as they evolve in the future.
SOC (Security Operations Centre) Services
Our Hughes SOC-as-a-Service can deliver cost-efficient, round-the-clock cyber protection across your multiple forecourt sites.
Combining SOC cloud-based functions and access to our highly qualified cybersecurity specialists, we can analyse your network vulnerabilities and then design and deploy unique proactive strategies to protect your business.
We’ll work closely with your team to ensure your network continues to offer optimum performance alongside our cybersecurity strategies. You'll have complete visibility of all activity via a customer portal and regular Critical Observations Reports, as well as the support of our team to answer questions and troubleshoot any issues.
Our Cybersecurity for Forecourt solutions
We offer a range of cybersecurity solutions tailored to the forecourt sector. Specifically, these include:
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): A proactive service that monitors your network 24/7 for any signs of malicious activity or breaches. Our team of experts will analyse any alerts and respond swiftly to contain and remediate any threats before they cause damage or disruption to your business.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): A solution that protects your devices from advanced malware and ransomware attacks. EDR uses artificial intelligence and behavioural analysis to detect and block any suspicious or malicious activity on your endpoints (such as laptops or POS terminals), preventing data theft or encryption.
- Network Detection and Response (NDR): A solution that monitors your network traffic for any anomalies or indicators of compromise. NDR uses machine learning and deep packet inspection to identify any malicious actors or actions on your network (such as lateral movement or data exfiltration), enabling you to isolate and stop them quickly.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): A solution that collects and correlates data from various sources across your IT environment (such as logs, events, alerts) to provide you with a holistic view of your security status. SIEM helps you detect patterns or trends that indicate potential threats or incidents on your network.
- SOC as Service: A service that provides you with access to our state-of-the-art Security Operations Centre (SOC), where our certified security analysts monitor and manage your security solutions around the clock. SOC as Service gives you peace of mind that your security is always in good hands.
By combining these solutions with our other cybersecurity services such as vulnerability management, penetration testing, security awareness training and incident response planning, we can provide you with a comprehensive security posture that covers all aspects of your forecourt business.
Managed Firewall Services
Firewalls are a critical part of any business's cybersecurity strategy. However, the way in which they are configured can impact the level of protection offered and the performance of your network. Our Managed Firewall Services optimise their set-up for your specific multi-site environment.
Our zero-trust approach comprises three components: segmentation, configuration and patch management.
Segmentation: the creation of strict policies that determine how different data types are treated, enabling any issues to be isolated before impacting other network areas
Configuration: the implementation of end-to-end encryption at the network and application level for the highest level of transmission security
Patch management: the deployment of security updates, bug fixes, software improvements and critical vulnerability mitigation to maintain the most up-to-date levels of protection.
Business Continuity Services
With our Business Continuity Services and Hughes SaaS Protection, we ensure your forecourts can resume operations promptly and with little to no disruption if a security breach occurs.
Hughes SaaS protection is an easy-to-use yet comprehensive cloud-based backup solution.
By automatically backing up critical cloud data three times daily, it facilitates fast data recovery and avoids the extensive damage cyber-attacks can cause.